Your Credit Card is Charged to Reserve a Tour:
- Your credit card will be charged the full cost of the tour when you make a reservation.
- Cancellations must be received officially via email and are thus time-stamped based on when the server delivers the email.
- Cancellations made 48 hours or more in advance of the start time of your tour can receive a full refund.
- No refunds are available for cancellations with less than 48 hours prior to your tour start time.
- No refunds are provided for “no-shows.”
- Travel insurance as a good way to protect your plans while on vacation.
- Weather in Alaska changes quickly so you need to come prepared. It can be sunny one hour and then rain, snow, or be windy the next.
- Weather at the Matanuska Glacier is often very different from weather in surrounding towns (Anchorage, Palmer, Wasilla, Sutton, etc.). The glacier creates its own local micro-climate. This means that the weather may be beautiful here at the glacier while it is raining elsewhere (such as in Anchorage, Palmer, etc).
- Glacier View (the town where the glacier is located) is technically classified as a desert because historically it receives about 4 to 14 inches of rain (thus we tend to have nice weather here).
- If you decide to cancel your tour before you arrive to the Matanuska Glacier because the weather is poor at your location, then the refund policy stated above applies (no show, no refund).
- If you arrived to the Matanuska Glacier on time and it is raining heavily, then we are glad to issue a refund if you do not want to join us on the ice tour. However, you must be at the Matanuska Glacier on time to discuss the refund in-person. This is because often it can be raining only 15 miles away from the glacier but still very nice here on the ice.
- We want you to have a wonderful time on the glacier and are glad to refund you if the weather is too unpleasant to have fun.
If We Cancel A Tour:
- To date, we have never cancelled a tour. Our tours go out onto the ice every day of the year (Christmas, New Years, 4th of July, etc) in all kinds of wonderful Alaskan weather.
- However, in the unlikely event that we cancel a trip due to extremely unusual conditions (e.g., natural disaster, national security crisis, or other unsafe condition), you will be notified right away and will receive a full refund.
We Are Small Family Owned Business:
- Dr. Sarah’s Alaska Tours is a small family-owned business that serves as the income base for Sarah and her family.
- Sarah is the only tour guide working for this company.
- Cancellations made without sufficient advanced notice prevents us from allowing other interested people to join the tour and thus represents a loss of income to our family.