** Private Tours Only **
Call or Text: 907-315-4090
Private Tours Only: For your safety during COVID19, I will only be offering private tours limited to your group.
Tour Guide Vaccinated: As your tour guide I am also fully vaccinated with the COVID19 vaccine.
Contact Me to Discuss Tour Options: Email or send a text with the details below to get a tour quote:
- Desired date
- Number of people
- Ages of children
- Mobility limitations of any members
- Equipment: we provide equipment (microspikes, helmet)
- Duration: about 2 hours
- We offer tours every day of the year
- Tour Location: 66500 South Glacier Park Rd, Sutton, AK 99674 USA
- Arrive 30 min before your tour start time for check-in (waivers, etc)
COVID19 Operating Guidelines:
- Only private tours offered for "households" traveling together
- Bring a mask. Masks are required for all guests when in close proximity or closed areas. We do not sell masks. The folded bandana face-mask solution is acceptable so long as it covers your nose and mouth. Masks are not required on the glacier walk when conditions promote open flowing fresh air and lot's of open space (which is most of the time).
- We sanitize gear loaned to you (e.g., helmets, walking poles, etc.)
- We are not allowed to handle your cell phone to take photos. Cell phone plastics have been demonstrated to carry viruses for 7+ days thus a "no phone contact" policy protects you and us. I can take photos for you on my phone and send them to you if desired.
- If you are sick, do not attend the tour.
- If you appear sick, we will not allow you or your traveling party to attend the tour.
General Information For All Tours:
No Experience Needed: No experience is needed to join us on a glacier tour. You will not be accessing any technical areas that require specialized knowledge or gear (beyond the micro-spikes and helmets we provide you). We provide all the equipment you need to walk on the ice.
Come Prepared: You must arrive dressed appropriately for your tour. Read my web-page about "What You Should Bring" to make sure you arrived dressed correctly. If you pose a safety risk to yourself by arriving with improper clothing, you will be denied access to the glacier without refund.
Meeting Location: Tours meet in the parking lot of the Matanuska Glacier, outside the gate. GPS address is: 66500 South Glacier Park Rd, Sutton, AK 99674 USA.
All Ages Welcome: Our youngest guest was 6 months old and our oldest guest was 87 years old. Everyone had a great time. If your group includes small children who do not walk, please be sure to bring child carriers (back packs or front carriers) specifically designed for carrying children. It is not safe to carry children in your arms on the glacier.
Children: All children brought on tour must follow the instructions of the tour guide at all times. If the parents and tour guide are unable to set conditions for children to behave responsibly by following the guide’s instructions, the guide reserves the right to end the tour early without refund in order to ensure the safety of all members on the glacier.
Liability Waiver and Policies: Every person attending the tour must sign a liability waiver. If a guest is under 18, the Parent or Legal Guardian must sign for the minor. Please also read the company policies.