** Private Tours Only **
Call or Text: 970-281-5266
Private Tours Only: For your safety during COVID19, I will only be offering private tours limited to your group.
Contact Me to Discuss Tour Options: Email or send a text with the details below to get a tour quote:
- Desired date
- Number of people
- Ages of children
- Mobility limitations of any members
- Equipment: we provide equipment (microspikes, helmet)
- Duration: about 2 hours
- We offer tours every day of the year
- Tour Location: 66500 South Glacier Park Rd, Sutton, AK 99674 USA
COVID19 Operating Guidelines:
- Only private tours offered for "households" traveling together
- Tours are by reservation only
- Payment will be arranged in advance of arrival to limit unnecessary exchange of money or credit cards
- Waivers will be emailed in advance of your arrival to limit unnecessary exchange of paper, pens, etc. You are asked to print, sign, and fill out waivers before arriving.
- If you need to fill out a waiver onsite then we sanitize pens and clipboards, but we highly prefer to limit onsite paperwork.
- Check-in and safety briefings will be completed outside
- We sanitize gear loaned to you (e.g., helmets etc.)
- Bring a mask. Masks are required for all guests when in close proximity or closed areas. We do not sell masks. No mask means no tour. The folded banana with two ear-loops solution is acceptable so long as it covers your nose and mouth.
- Your guide will wear a mask. Depending on conditions, your guide may also wear gloves and glasses.
- We are not allowed to handle your cell phone to take photos. Cell phone plastics have been demonstrated to carry COVID19 for 7+ days thus a "no phone contact" policy protects you and us. I can take photos for you on my phone and send them to you if desired.
- If you are sick, do not attend the tour.
- If you appear sick, we will not allow you or your traveling party to attend the tour.
- There is currently a 14-day quarantine period required for people traveling from out of state. Please adhere to this quarantine and do not book a tour during this window.
General Information For All Tours:
No Experience Needed: No experience is needed to join us on a glacier tour. You will not be accessing any technical areas that require specialized knowledge or gear (beyond the micro-spikes and helmets we provide you). We provide all the equipment you need to walk on the ice.
Come Prepared: You must arrive dressed appropriately for your tour. Read my web-page about "What You Should Bring" to make sure you arrived dressed correctly. If you pose a safety risk to yourself by arriving with improper clothing, you will be denied access to the glacier without refund.
Meeting Location: Tours meet in the parking lot of the Matanuska Glacier, outside the gate. GPS address is: 66500 South Glacier Park Rd, Sutton, AK 99674 USA.
All Ages Welcome: Our youngest guest was 6 months old and our oldest guest was 87 years old. Everyone had a great time. If your group includes small children who do not walk, please be sure to bring child carriers (back packs or front carriers) specifically designed for carrying children. It is not safe to carry children in your arms on the glacier.
Children: All children brought on tour must follow the instructions of the tour guide at all times. If the parents and tour guide are unable to set conditions for children to behave responsibly by following the guide’s instructions, the guide reserves the right to end the tour early without refund in order to ensure the safety of all members on the glacier.
Liability Waiver: Every person attending the tour must sign a liability waiver. If a guest is under 18, the Parent or Legal Guardian must sign for the minor.